CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Words Of Wisdom.

"When God says no..he has a better yes. Believe it." That is a direct quote from one of my closest friends, Allen McConnell. I figured I better give him credit when credit is due...and say that I have never found anything to be more true until now!

I have been having "relationship" issues...yeah I guess you could call it that. Well at the time I really felt like I was right where I needed to be, and that God was just going to work everything out, and that it was his will for me to be seeing this person. Well God snapped me back into reality REALLLY quick! And, if I wanted to be 100% honest...I felt the whole time I probably should have stayed away and guarded my heart more closely...but I was that stupid girl...for the 3rd(and its safe to say FINAL) time!

Back to that quote...I know that God was telling me no...there were a lot of signs that were telling me no...but i didnt listen. But, now that I have completely given it ALL to God..I KNOW that he has something out there better than me than I could ever plan for myself. It just took me being stupid ONE more time and letting myself be hurt this last time to realize it for myself. Maybe I am the only person who has even just been dumb over a boy...but I doubt that. I think that all of us ladies have that one boy that we are just stupid over...and its by the grace of God that we realize it! I am just so thankful that things have worked out the way they did...yes THANKFUL. I'm not gonna lie...I was hurt in the beginning, but I honestly know that this was God's will. I am thankful that I now have time to devote solely to God and my relationship with him. Without a strong and right relationship with God, I am never going to have peace and without peace...I dont see how I could ever live life to the fullest that God wants for me.

Well..thats all I got for now..I've got a paper to write! :)

God Bless!

2 comments:

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

Honey, you are not the first to be a little "stupid" over a boy, and you certainly won't be the last! Hang in there with God because He has the perfect man that He is preparing just for you.

The Burleys said...

If I had a dollar for every time I was stupid over a boy, I'd be a rich girl. It's funny how we try so hard to make the wrong ones work and then you realize how easy it really is when you find the right one! SE is right - God has a guy out there he created with you in mind. He will bring him into your life in His perfect timing ... even though it is hard to wait sometimes :) Love you!