CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

These were XTREME Days!!!

Wow! I cannot believe it has been over a WEEK since I returned from the youth mountain trip to Gatlinburg for Xtreme! It was my first trip as a chaperone with the youth...and I absolutely enjoyed every minute of it!! It might sound alittle dumb or cliche' but those youth inspire me! They are such a great group of teenagers and they inspire me to be the best Christian, youth leader, student, friend, or whatever else that I am... that I can possibly be. I want to be the kind of youth leader that they can look up to and talk to about their lives and problems or whatever they have going on. I just love them! :)

While we were there, we had the priviledge of hearing Tony Nolan, Josh McDowell, Johnny Huny and Ergun Caner speak. They were all good speakers..but I have to give serious props to Ergun Caner!! He held NOTHING back. He was not politically correct, he wasn't "hyphenated" as he called it...he was real and honest, and spoke the Truth. Some people were probably offended by what he said...but in my opinion, if you are offended by the Word of God, then you have some serious soul searching to do! So, if you are reading this..you definiately need to go to youtube.com and type "ergun caner" in the search...it pulls up about 5 different videos from XTreme 09...this is the sermon we heard! I recommend you listening to it!

One of the last points that he made was this....there is no room for "Christians" who are not completely sold out for God. So as I end this blog, thats my question for you...are YOU completely sold out for God?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I am so glad that you had a great time on xtreme! I hope that you continue to go on trips with us!!! I Love you!!!

The McConnell Clan said...

I just found your blog! Crazy I know! We did have a great trip didn't we! Cant wait for girls night out!